On the day of your consultation, you will be asked for the completed new patient questionnaire. If you do not have the completed form, you will need to complete it upon arrival.
During your consultation, you will receive a comprehensive eye examination to determine your suitability for refractive surgery.
The comprehensive examination includes:
- Both objective and subjective determination of the visual deficiency requiring correction
- Measurement of the eye´s axial length
- Creation of a topographical map of the surface of the cornea, in which “hills” and “valleys” are graphically illustrated – just like a geographical map.
- Twilight vision test
- Measurement of pupil size in darkness
- Measurement of cornea thickness
- Retina and optic nerve examination
- Corneal and Ocular wavefront to analyze the aberrations of the optical system who affect vision in order to plan a customized treatment
If you are a candidate for surgery, the doctor will determine the specific level of vision correction you require. You will also be advised about your likely outcome and made fully aware of the implications of laser vision correction. Plan on staying in the clinic for at least one to two hours.